Why Japanese?

The Largest Unreached People Group (Joshua Project, 2005)

Only 0.04% Christians!

Annual Suicide Rate: >30,000

100-300 new religion registered each year (Operation World, 2000)

The battle is fierce, Time is SHORT! Please RESPONSE, Please PRAY!!!



Thursday, March 03, 2011

Things to do in Mar and Apr 2011

My trip to Seattle for RJC conference was fulfilling. The hikikomori workshop went well, and we managed to discuss quite a lot of things. However, it does seem that we still need more time to build a clear framework about how Christians could move in the light to serve better with the community. Please do continue to pray for this.

I am now back to Japan, and headed to Nara for a conference in this weekend. I am staying in Nara Evangelical Church from Mar 3 - 9. Please continue to pray for networking and relationship between me and the field workers (pastors & missionaries & Christians).

I will head back to Tokyo on Mar 9 evening, and then on Mar 11-12, we will have our own Tokyo Behavioral Medicine Conference. Please continue to pray for excellent relationship between me and my professor, lecturers and collegues. Relationship is the key to move things.

From Mar 13 - 20, my family and friend would come to Tokyo and visit me. Aside for planning for a week rest, I am engaging them into three missions: exploring culture and people, identify prayer needs, hikikomori intervention 3. Again, please pray for strengthening of relationship, and this team will gain strength, love, peace and comfort from God in the ministry of Heart4Japan.

The hikikomori study group went well for last 3 sessions. On Mar 25, we will have the 4th study group. As I use the office as a ground to bridge relationship between His workers and the locals, do keep the relationship in mind in your prayers! Pray that the participants will not see the strong Christian appearance in this group as a threat/crusade, but a shine of love and care that would warm their hearts, thus seek the eternity God that had granted peace and comfort and healing that had motivated us in outreach.

I am trying to get my friends (hikis) to join IFJ (I Follow Jesuss Camp). If they are interested, I will accompany them to Nara on April 1-3 to experience the joy of following Jesus. If that happens, I will visit another church in South Osaka to catch up with friends. A friend is getting married in Sakai. ^^

From April 3- 20, Patrick (Hiki from Vienna) will be in Tokyo, and then we will start another intervention and exploring Hiki for the month. I am presenting about findings on hikikomori and stir a discussion on April 15 during the Hikikomori Study group. If God willing, I am prepared to share testimonies. Please pray for my Japanese efficiency! Also, please pray that during these workshops and exploring activities, I will gain more friends, and will have more hikis in hand to work together with. Please pray for trust, delight and understanding in the relationship with the hikis, the supporting staffs, and the other workers.

I am also taking up new role in the department in facilitating the department meetings and needs. This will help to train my interrelation skills and Japanese conversation too! :-)


Really...
Main main issue in prayer is: RELATIONSHIP and TRUST!!!
with Professor N
with my collegues
with NPO (Non Profit Organization) workers
with government
with community
with church workers

Thanks.....................................

Of course we should not forget about the PhD work...! Please pray that all these communications, networking, outreach will add knowledge and crucial point to the work in order to fulfill the work that God had laid in my hand. Thank you very much for your participation in the work of Heart4Japan! Thank you for your love!!!

No comments: