Why Japanese?

The Largest Unreached People Group (Joshua Project, 2005)

Only 0.04% Christians!

Annual Suicide Rate: >30,000

100-300 new religion registered each year (Operation World, 2000)

The battle is fierce, Time is SHORT! Please RESPONSE, Please PRAY!!!



Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Endo - Cry of Kichijirou

Somehow, I kept thinking of Endo Shusaku. Perhaps I was influenced by Ramone and Shane after a short discussion through emails recently. Well, it's not fair to blame it on them :-) Endo is always a topic of interest for me, especially when it comes to Japan, and her perspective of Christianity.

But rather than go deep into it, I just can't hold myself but to record a brief thought I have at this moment.

What Endo was writing was a cry of Luke18:13, "And the tax collecctor, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, sayig, 'God be merciful to me a sinner!'"

I wonder, aside of what the perspectives that Endo had drawn conclusion in his book, the main struggle in Endo was the cry of Kichijirou. "God be merciful to me a sinner!" We all need that, don't we?

No comments: