Important Information from Japanese Government
Monday, April 13, 2009
Praying for Hikikomori
I had a quick sharing with Jesus Family in Nishi Osaka last evening, and then a quick visit to Osaka International Church today. The brochures help to explain the situation better when time is limited. The definition is still unclear to many, a simple 20 minutes is just not enough to explain the mechanism of the definitions, and the needs of seeing and holding the definitions right at this stage in order to help the hikikomori. We probably needs 45 minutes in next presentation, 1 hour if we can tie it in with the Words.
The fear of the link of hikikomori and suicide once again sound an alarm to my heart when a sister cried on my shoulder sharing with me about her brother who had hikikomori for ten years committed suicide last year around this time. By having a firm grip of the emotional state of hikikomori and understanding of the issue, I was able to share her pain and pray with her. Hikikomori is not just an individual problem, the family members suffer together with the individual. Bearing that in mind, when you pray, please not only pray for the hikikomori to come to the light, but the parents and the family members too! There is a huge burden, huge bondage that is with it! This is a spiritual warfare! Do deal with it by WATCHING! It's time to train your spiritual muscle, get yourself ready for the battle!
1. The Lord will use every brochures, reaching out to the believers and non-believers, helping them to understand the issue of suicide and hikikomori better, and from there we could start to connect with one another!
2. Speak love into the family that is struggling with hikikomori. We don't know who has a problem until one tells, but pray for sensitiveness and discernment.
3. Speak love into this community, and break the bondage of evil one in Jesus' name.
4. Pray that the Holy Spirit will guide the hikikomori and bring them to Light and Hope.
5. Pray that the Holy Spirit will preserve the heart of the hikikomori.
6. Pray that the Holy Spirit will preserve the heart of the family members, strengthen them, lift up their burdens.
8. Pray for understanding in the community, and true love to be prevail!
9. Pray for the provision of the funds to the printing cost that needs to be settled by May, JPY75,000!