Why Japanese?

The Largest Unreached People Group (Joshua Project, 2005)

Only 0.04% Christians!

Annual Suicide Rate: >30,000

100-300 new religion registered each year (Operation World, 2000)

The battle is fierce, Time is SHORT! Please RESPONSE, Please PRAY!!!



Saturday, June 09, 2007

Pray for me for the plans to Busan

It is exciting to be back home in Malaysia! God is gracious! I met almost 1/3 of the people that I should meet, made a couple of good friends, especially identifying more people with heart4japan. God is good!

The church had given me the permission to go to Busan (29June - 12 July) to meet with the students in July. We pray that God will make full use of this opportunity to review His heart for the nation, and Japan in particular! I will need your prayers in the following issues:
(i.) Courage and boldness to share about Heart4Japan and set up links and networks.
(ii.) Wisdom to share about the need of Hikikomori and student ministries in Campus.
(iii.) Joy in meeting people!


George Verwer was the one who really spurred me up in giving all that I have for Christ! Some called him "crazy", some called him "founder of OM", I call him a "dreamer", and spiritual father. (I read a compilation of his sermons, and feared to death whenever there was an altar call. I'll cry and cry and cry because of my inability to commit myself fully to Christ. Then, after bags of tears, His presence became so obvious, and the burden to carry out what's in His heart became so unbearable, that I had to start moving!)

George Verwer, powerful speaker! A man that is strongly used by God. I could still remember his tall thin figure, as he shared he had no more than one piece of suit in his wardrobe, and his embarrassment while he gave it away to another pastor because he felt that he needed it more than he did. And George owned 2 ships at that time.

George will be the main speaker in Busan! If I could be there, that will be really a time of regeneration, as I had changed compared the first time meeting him, from unwilling to a willing vessel. Still, there are a lot that I need to learn. The humbling process is pain, but at the same time, exciting!

God bless you!

No comments: