"3 Weeks of CRASH: Japan Disaster Relief"
We are now in our fourth week since the disaster and I don't want anyone to be ashamed of the work that we are doing with CRASH for the testimony of our Lord in Tohoku. It might seem that other groups are moving faster and getting more done, but we are not in a race with anyone. Indeed everyone who is helping in the name of Christ are sharing the burden alongside those who are suffering. Our vision is a long term vision to mobilize Christian volunteers safely and effectively. We do not have to do everything and indeed cannot do everything. But because it can be hard to see the bigger picture in the midst of the daily work, here is a partial summary of what has been accomplished.
Over the course of the last three weeks, CRASH has
• delivered over 30 tons of relief supplies, including food, diapers, hygiene products, soap, toilet paper, bicycles, clothing, blankets, water and bedding and has been involved with distribution of larger amounts in cooperation with other aid organizations,
• mobilized over 100 volunteers into the disaster areas doing assessment, delivering supplies, mucking out homes, performing light demolition, emotional care and various other roles,
• had over 300 volunteers at HQ serving in various roles, everything from warehouse management, answering phones and food service to volunteer training, producing media and coordinating base operations in support of sending thousands of volunteers over the coming months and the long-term recovery of the region.
• established 4 regional bases of operations in Iwate, Miyagi, Tochigi and Ibaragi and numerous relationships with churches and ministries through whom we are serving local communities affected by the disaster, and
• developed partnerships with over 50 ministries, denominations, missions and associations both within and without Japan representing millions of Christians who want to help love on Japan in the name of Jesus Christ.
We are still in the early days of the response, there is so much more to do and thankfully we are not the only ones working. Please continue to pray as we work together.
God Bless You,