Why Japanese?

The Largest Unreached People Group (Joshua Project, 2005)

Only 0.04% Christians!

Annual Suicide Rate: >30,000

100-300 new religion registered each year (Operation World, 2000)

The battle is fierce, Time is SHORT! Please RESPONSE, Please PRAY!!!



Monday, July 09, 2007

Some thoughts in Korea after CM2007

Greetings from Korea! It is good to continue writing this blog from Korea. :-)

The experience of working with Korean changed much of my stereotype perspective towards this nation. Infact, it was a humbling process and I learned much. The major change in me was from disliking kimchi to loving kimchi.

Perhpas sometimes I just need to slow down and pray. And also spare sometime for fellowship, sharing with family and friends. There are equally important. Cynthia had been trying to remind me about these long time ago, however I wasn't really able to pay much attention to this. The urge and pain in seeing the rotten of the unreached, the desire and pace to establish His Kingdom grew larger and larger, faster and faster! I have no time to rest. That was what driven me so far. I didn't intent to, but I couldn't help it.

Meeting George Verwer and heard his speak again, reminded me about something. Hearing him in 2004, caused me to realized the needs of the world and my inability to give. Now, the same message made me to pause and think, am I heading the right way with what the Lord had given me. This really need much prayer in quietness and still.

I met many people who shown interest in the revival of Japan, or reaching out to Japan. Hope these connection will be established in His strength!

I had been always mistaken as a Japanese or a Korean in Korea. I guess I really have an international face. :-)

I will write again until I am able to clear out more. It is really an exercise of "inhale" and "exhale".

1 comment:

Shane said...

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like a great adventure. I remember the transition from disliking to liking Kimchi too :)
I pray all is well there with you and that you continue to abide in Him, that God would be your refuge and strength.
Blessings...