Why Japanese?

The Largest Unreached People Group (Joshua Project, 2005)

Only 0.04% Christians!

Annual Suicide Rate: >30,000

100-300 new religion registered each year (Operation World, 2000)

The battle is fierce, Time is SHORT! Please RESPONSE, Please PRAY!!!



Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Confirmation......

I do have an international face. In Korea, I was often being taken as a Korean easily, however there were also many times that people came and spoke Japanese to me, thinking I was perhaps a Japanese. But none of these incidents were as stunned as yesterday.

As I was walking at the street yesterday, I met two sisters. I naturally greeted them with a slight bow, a respectful gesture in both Korean and Japanese culture, one of the sister smiled and approached me. Before I noticed it, we were communicating in Japanese naturally. She grew up in Japan, as second generation Japanese Korean. Somehow deep inside her as she saw me she felt that I am a Japanese. The sister is serving in CHEJU now, she invited me to visit her.

Being mistaken as a Japanese was not unusual for me, however speaking to this sister stirred up something which is even deeper inside me. Something that I need to find out......

Having decided to spend five more days in Korea after the mission trip, was again an adventure. I knew no friends in Korea, and basically I had no where to put myself in after the conference and the mission trip. However a deep peace ruled in me, and I felt that exactly the right thing to do. So, let it be.

In KimCheo-Gumi, I stayed with Mun Kyeung Bae, the CCC Staff who went to Osaka for a short term missionary trip just in January. In his computer room, there is a big Japanese map hanging on the wall.

Now in Seoul, I was arranged to stay with another CCC sister who has a heart for Japan. She even took an extra step of faith in changing her major to JAPANESE focus to fulfill this call of mission!

Of course there were a lot more exciting stories and testimonies. A step in obedience broadened my horizon.

No comments: